My Blog List

Sunday 23 September 2012

No Place Like Home!

I have been LSNED - ing but blogging just got left by the wayside during our trip to Houston! We got back to Singapore yesterday afternoon and now Jetlag is my middle name! I have many LO's to post I took over 500 photos in Houston - Im not sure how that happened! So once I have managed to download everything - I will be posting!


I found driving was a big challenge and even went on the big wide scary roads, with the very big elevated intersections, where traffic was coming at me from all directions OMG it was like driving on a roller coaster, with everybody else being on the same roller coaster, driving in different directions all at the same time - but I did it - without injury to any other road user (miraculously), or myself - for that I am grateful and proud! It is also fair to say that walking places in Houston is really not an option - and does not appear to be the done thing - which is strange to me having only ever lived in Singapore and the UK! The distances between places alone make it a no no - quite apart from the personal safety side of things!


I was lucky enough to meet up with friends in Houston - a couple of fellow scrapbookers I knew from Scrap Happy and had a fab time with - thanks to the lovely Kelli and Gretchen - we had a lovely time visiting Archivers - you can take a virtual peek here http://www.archiversonline.com/ - I could have spent a week in there for starters!


I also visited Michaels check here for online coupons if you are going http://www.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Michaels-Site/default/Default-Start where I splashed out on Martha Stewarts Border punches and a couple of EK Success ones too that were all on special - it would have been rude not to!


I met with an English friend from Singapore - Lou, who has just moved to Houston and somehow we managed not to get lost twice - and go shopping! I even did some Christmas shopping!!! I cant believe I have started it so early!!!


I did enjoy my time over there - and everybody was very helpful and kind! BUT it is nice to be home again - especially since we managed to get back in time for the Grand Prix later today!!!! How beautifully the F1 showcases this amazing place!

GETTY IMAGES                                         
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!