My Blog List

Tuesday 2 October 2012

A Sad Day Indeed - But Not An Entirely Bad One

My favourite scrapbooking store is in a big shopping mall, on Orchard Road (which is at the shopping heart of Singapore). This photo from hotels.online.com.sg shows how green this place is, however its the shopping not the views that it is famous for! From Chanel to Dior, Fendi to Gucci, Tory Burch and all the other fancy International designer shops, you can shop until you drop (or go bankrupt - which I promise wont take long there)! However its not these luxury shopping havens that tempt me most - oh no! For me shopping paradise is  tucked away near to Dhoby Ghaut interchange,  where Made with Love (Great name don't you think?) my favourite Singapore scrapbooking store had made its home!




Since I moved here I have regularly bought, admired, desired a serious amount of their inventory - In fact I have bought a significant amount of their inventory if Im being totally honest - and amongst my fellow scrapping types I know I can be! You understand how the feel of beautiful paper, the smell of it - especially when combined with  the whole line of  additional product - chipboard elements, washi tape, ribbon, buttons, brads, flowers, journalling mats and charms can make a girls heart flutter!

They have all the good stuff - and they have tons of it! Sadly the shopping mall is being extended and they are having to move out of their home, and the place I think of locally, as my second home! On Friday I made my last trip there and felt sad that for the foreseeable future, there will be no Made With Love here in Singapore!

BUT every cloud has a silver lining, and last Friday was no exception! BECAUSE for their most loyal customers (like me) they were giving 50% off in their moving on sale - OMG how fab!!! And that just hit my 'I need more stash' button - as you would expect! Well Im sure they want their stash to go to places where it will be loved and admired - so me and their stock had a 'come to mama' moment more specifically - I had a Prima Washi Tape moment (or three) - some for me and some for my English friends! Oh, and I had to get my paws on some Maya Road Chipboard that I had been kinda convincing myself I needed after watching an episode of Glitter Girl recently - the one that used the Maya Road Tiny Banners Chipboard bits - and as if by magic - there they were looking at me saying ME! ME! ME! - like puppies in a petshop!

Of course being a bit of a Shimelle groupie - I also had to have the Maya Road Chipboard Butterflies - because I dont think my life could be complete without them....................... Did I mention I bought washi tape ................................

 
I even succumbed to some Heidi Swapp Tattered Angels Fastenation Add Ons - with 70% off - because I was on a roll by then and I had been stood next to them for ages whilst I was waiting to pay! Im sure I heard them crying and felt those Angels needed a good home ......... well you would have too surely?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!