My Blog List

Sunday 8 July 2012

Day 3 - Upcycle cards from my scrap box!!!!

For Day 3 of the docrafts 31 days of blogging you had to use a template from the docrafts membership site, to make these cards - I only used scaps from my craft box so these were both made from things I might otherwise have thrown out!!! Upcycling is definiately cool in my book!

If I need inspiration to make cards - looking at the price of bought ones is all I need - the fact that these were made from bits I might have thrown out (if I wasnt so mean and determined to eeek out every last bit of creation out of my stash)!!!! Aint that the truth?

This quick easy Birthday card was made from my Scrapbox - in about 30 mins (quick for me), using the dress Iris Template from the dowload section of the members section of the docrafts site! How fab is that!
Much matting and Layering on this 8 x 8 card! - some glitter strips around the largest square with pearls added to the corners. Two rectangular mats on the red square! PP mounted on silvery cardstock. The dress is the centre of the iris template. I covered this with PP, and added a triangle shaped panel down the front. I used the x cut flower doily punch to make a lacy petticoat, top of the bodice and down the sides of the triangle (from the PP) I added some silver glitter strip too, just to 'bling it up' a bit - I used some foam pads for dimension when putting the dress together! A few pearls at the waist finished it very nicely! I die cut an octagon adding a birthday sentiment, added a ribbon, a Prima flower with a brad in the centre and inked all the edges with Distress Stain Vintage Photo - I am really pleased with it!




A very stylish and easy card that looks a lot more difficult than it is! Created from the back, I mounted it on some dark brown cardstock,and added some rafia string through the button! I used a glittered piece of spare cardstock (also mounted on dark brown cardstock) a bit of ribbon on the front and mounted on a 5 x 7 card blank - how easy was that? I have left room, but havent added a sentiment - as Im not sure what occasion I want to use it for yet, and its always good to have a stock of cards that can quickly be tailored - when time is short and an emergency card is needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!