My Blog List

Sunday 9 December 2012

JYC The Story So Far!

Life has once again got in the way of my blogging - but Im hoping to get back on track - OK its nearly Christmas (I cant believe I just typed that) Its still 30' outside and boiling hot! It cant really be Christmas can it?

I guess since I am 9 days into JYC it certainly is Christmas and I still have a ton of stuff to do!  I started my JYC album on 27th November as this was the British Association Ladies Christmas Lunch - but have decided only to post the entries that were initiated with one of Shimelle's prompts!

So to draw the line between that which went before and that which is true JYC I did the dividing page below - which I quite like!



The Christmas lights are stunning every year in Singapore, and on 1 December we walked the entire length of Orchard Road - in fact we walked from Little India - which is a very long way - but the lights were fabulous and it felt like all of Singapore had the same idea as us!  Once I get some prints - this page will be complete!



As a child I couldnt understand how the weather could be freezing in Yorkshire, England and boiling hot in places like Australia! Even having lived in the tropics for almost 4 years it still feels strange to have Christmas in the sunshine - although when I get back to England I will miss the warmth!


My Christmas plans this year are about travel in the main! We have about 40,000 miles of travelling to do before we have our family Christmas - so its probably time I started packing and making lists and checking them twice!!!!



The best bit of every Christmas for me is having all our family together and I still love having the kids over and watching them open their presents! Having everybody under one roof is the best Christmas present I could wish for!!!!


I bought this lovely baubles stamp in Houston, made my cards in Singapore and most of them are on their way to England - now that has to be a global effort surely?

 
 
I love having all the neighbours kids over to help me with the Christmas baking - funny how quickly they disappear though - when it comes to clearing up!!!! 
 



The lights and decorations down Orchard Road are amazing - I took these photos last year of the ION tree and this little boy outside Tanglin Mall who could hardly contain his excitement at seeing real concrete snowmen!!!!


Putting up our Christmas tree is something I used to love doing as a family. Although the decorations didnt match many of them had been passed through the generations and had memories attached to them - maybe I should put them on my tree again this year when I get back to England!


Then there are special things we only eat at Christmas - including sprouts stir fried with garlic and bacon and red cabbage with orange and honey, I love warm mulled wine after a cold bracing walk and no buffet would be complete without a chocolate log and Andrew's Mexican King Prawn thing....... you'll need to wait until Christmas itself for photos of that one! However here is a glimpse of Christmas Dinner last year - look away if you are feeling peckish!!!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!