My Blog List

Saturday 1 December 2012

Journal Your Christmas 2012

OMG Where did 2012 go whilst I was scrapping and napping? Its that time of year again and this year its come around really fast - dont you think? In November I attended my first Christmas lunch - that feels a bit early even to a Christmas lover like me!

Our Christmas lights are on and they are (as always amazing) so I'll be out with my camera to capture the magic because we are (as the song says) going West! 12,000 miles west to Houston Texas - next year! And this time of year brings me to Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class - being the Shimelle groupie that I am, it wont come as a big surprise to anybody that this is my fourth year doing the class and until today - I hadnt really given it much thought - Well maybe a little thought because I got one of Shimelle's kits delivered to a relation in the UK - kinda thinking I was going home early as my DH is away to the USA next week - he is now coming home early so I wont be in the UK until 22nd December! On that basis I headed into my Local Scrapbooking Store - and they were having a 50% off Chrismtas items if you bought a minimum of 5 items promotion - you just know what's coming dont you?

Ok so having had a look at all of the Christmas Collections - and most of the rest of their inventory! I have decided to go vintage this year! I have an American Crafts Modern Album 8 x 8 - Im doing some 8 x 8 pages and some 6 x 4 / 6 x 4 / 2 x 8 divided pages - because I have never done them before and I like to try something new each year!
So what did I buy .......... Well the Christmas stuff .......
 

Fancy Pants - Home for Christmas Collection Pack - its yummy!
I have Bo Bunny Noteworthy Christmas Numbers Tags and Embellies!
Websters Pages Calendar and Journalling Tags - These are gorgeous too - so I bought 2 packs of these!
And a Kaisercraft 6 1/2 " Paper Pad - Turtle Dove Collection which is also really lovely!
My page bases are going to be a pale Kraft dotted swiss cardstock ..............

and Ive finally got my hands on black and brown American Crafts Precision Pens for journalling!

There didnt look to be much in the basket in the craft shop - but it looks like a lot more than I thought I had bought now its sitting on my desk!!!! What do you reckon?



So this evening I turned up the aircon - and got into the Journal Your Christmas Mood by making my album cover and this is the finished article - I just have to fill it now - and that fun starts tomorrow!!!!!  - I used and American Crafts Modern 8 x 8 album, but the red was too bright for the vintage look I was after! I toned it down with some Pumice Stone Distress Stain - Love that stuff! Which I used on the red binding and on the red and white check adhesive fabric tape that I used to cover the join between the cover and the PP (or cardstock on the back and inside covers) which I have also done! The PP is from the Fancy Pants 'Home for Christmas Collection' - Merry Tree! The white painted wooden Snowflake was from the local Chinese Bead Shop and I'm still waiting (not very patiently for my stickles to dry)



For anybody who needs to get into the Christmas Scrapbooking mood - you can listen to May Flaum, Noel Hyman and our Very Own Scrapgoddess Shimelle on this weeks paperclipping round table podcast too - just sayin!
http://www.paperclipping.com/category/roundtable/

Finally - if you want to join the class and you havent yet done so (is there anybody who hasnt joined?) you can check it out by clicking on the blinkie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!