My Blog List

Thursday 12 July 2012

Day 6 Favourite Photos

Today's prompt was to post about your favourite photo. This set of photos are from a fabulous day out with my photographer son, having a photo lesson learning about aperture, ISO, shutter speed and long exposure. It was the first time I used anything other than the 'Auto' settings on my camera! For that reason Im pleased with them because its the first time I had any idea at all about what control those settings give me!

Like just about everybody I know, I bought a fancy DSLR camera, set it on auto, and then took photos I wasnt that happy with! The light wasnt right, or the focus wasnt right, or the subject was too small or in the wrong place and out of focus.....   I still have a long way to go, but I'm starting to feel happier with my camera and my photos! Of course having better photos to scrap, makes me more inclined to scap my photos too! I did this LO for LOAD 512 - the theme was to scrap something from the point of view of an inanimate object - it seemed a perfect prompt to scrapbook Lichfield Cathedral, which at over 1300 years old, is one of the oldest places of Christian worship in Britain! What facinating stories these old walls could tell - if only they could talk! Unfortunately the photo of the LO is nowhere near as good as the images themselves, but Im hoping you get the general idea from it nontheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!